Anna made this soup for us when we visited the lake house last summer. The 2 grocery stores in town were selling fresh peas, raspberries and strawberries and when I asked what they usually do with the peas she said they were for this soup.
- 2 cups broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally
- 4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pounds fresh green beans, cut in half
- 2 cups green peas
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat broth and wine to boiling in a medium pot; add potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half and flour until smooth; set aside.
- Add salt, pepper, onions, carrots and green beans; simmer until tender then add peas.
- stir into the simmering vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly until the soup is slightly thickened. Top with chopped dill and serve immediately.