It’s become a bit of a quarantine routine to watch some sort of cooking or gardening show as soon as the kids wake up and jump in our bed for morning cuddles (after Jake finishes milking Sweet Pea and brings me a cup of coffee). We watched David Lebovitz’s Instagram live video and I found David and Roman’s interaction adorable as well as heartwarming since they never talk badly about anyone and there is only the tiniest squeak of snark that sneaks in. It’s almost as if David is trying so hard to stay positive, but just can’t help not mentioning some innocent grievance. In this case, how stressful it is to translate on demand or how he was trying so hard not to criticize Roman’s knife work. I was drooling as they mixed the dressing. As is typical for me, once I get a food craving in my head I can’t stop thinking about it until I make it happen. We went on our first date in months later that afternoon to Espinosa Vineyards for an hour long wine tasting. I could only think about how we were going to have to stop at the grocery store on the way home so I cold make this salad. We knew this one might be a little challenging for the boys so we only made a half recipe (two servings). The full recipe would look like double what you see in the photo. As you might also be able to see, we watched Amelie while we cooked as we were feeling all the Parisian vibes.
Endive & Roquefort Salad
- 8 oz greek yogurt
- 5 oz roquefort cheese or blue cheese
- 1 T lemon
- 1 t salt
- 1 t course ground pepper even more is tasty too
- 3 large endive or 6 mini like the ones in the small pacakage from Trader Joes
- 2 T chopped chive or green onion
- 2 T parsley We added this because we always have herbs that we need to get through hangin in the bottom of our drawer from our Bw Wise CSA box
- 1 medium apple thinly sliced. Optional, but it was nice to cute through the richness of the salad.
- Slice the endive lengthwise into flat "sheets" then slice these flat pieces again lengthwise to make matchsticks. Set aside
- In a large salad bowl mixed the yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the chives, parsley crumble the cheese into the bowl. Fold gently
- Add endive and gently toss untill coated.
- Garnish with apple slices