- 6 lrg sliced peaches (or any fruit mix that makes up the same mass of sliced goodness)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Toss the fruit base in the oven for 10 minutes. While that is baking prepare the topping.
Crumb together the following
- 1 cup flour or Bob's Red Mill All Pourpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 stick Butter or Margarine (6 tbl) firm but not hard and not melted
- Set oven to 425° before you do anything.
- This first part is the fruit base. Mix together the ingredients in your oven proof dish. I use a 10 inch pyrex that is 2-3 inches deep.
- Mix as little as necessary to combine the water and crumb.
- Crumbing is when you use your hands to squish the butter through the dry ingredients until the topping looks like fine crumbs (3-5 mins). I like to use a pastry cutter.
Once the topping is crumbed, pour in
- 1/4 cup boiling water.
- When the oventimer goes off, pull the fruit base out of the oven and spoon the topping over the fruit. Then put in all back in the oven for 25 minutes or until the top looks golden brown.
One Red Couch http://oneredcouch.com/